Mission: Video blogging Fedora screencasts for use in Miro

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 08:06:38 UTC 2008

2008/6/12 Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>
> wrote:
>>
>> Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

>>> Someone should be working on a minimal RPM set suitable as a base for
>>> single-function live images.
>>
>> But I thought the idea is to put those few and small videos on the most
>> used spin (Desktop Live CD?) to let the hordes of users know about our
>> multimedia capabilities.
>
> I agree with Nicu on this.  I think there's reason to justify something like
> 5-10 MB on a LiveCD to give a good intro to Fedora.  I did the cheese demo
> and it
> was actually pretty hefty, but most of the ones that Paul did were no more
> than 5MB.  I suppose we'd be going right to the end of the CD and have to
> remove *one* thing.
> What if this was on the install DVD to start?  Maybe having Miro installed
> in the default LiveCD with the rss from the fedora channel preloaded?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint

This sounds like a great idea! How would users be notified that there
is Miro with a rss Fedora chanell setup for them? Some short readme on
the desktop? A short video showing using Miro with Fedora channel?
Some html page readme on first firefox startup? Nothing of the above?
Something totally different?

Cheers,
Valent.

--