Mission: Video blogging Fedora screencasts for use in Miro

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:05:40 UTC 2008

> > I agree with Nicu on this.  I think there's reason to justify something
> like
> > 5-10 MB on a LiveCD to give a good intro to Fedora.  I did the cheese
> demo
> > and it
> > was actually pretty hefty, but most of the ones that Paul did were no
> more
> > than 5MB.  I suppose we'd be going right to the end of the CD and have to
> > remove *one* thing.
> > What if this was on the install DVD to start?  Maybe having Miro
> installed
> > in the default LiveCD with the rss from the fedora channel preloaded?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Clint
>
> This sounds like a great idea! How would users be notified that there
> is Miro with a rss Fedora chanell setup for them? Some short readme on
> the desktop? A short video showing using Miro with Fedora channel?
> Some html page readme on first firefox startup? Nothing of the above?
> Something totally different?

I was thinking we could do another one of those rotating ads like on the
fedoraproject.org main page.  You know, the ones with Paul's face or when a
release gets close?
I'm not a big fan of the 'pop something up when they login' idea of
Microsoft lore, but maybe there's a less intrusive way to get it onto the
desktop.  We could just drop an
icon on the desktop that says 'Getting Started with Fedora' which would
launch Miro and put them into the Fedora rss feed directly?  I'm not 100%
sure I like this idea, but
its a thought.

Cheers,

Clint