Informal/Irregular Fedora Podcasting

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 15:04:23 UTC 2008

I've seen from time to time requests for Fedora related podcasts. As a
regular listener of various tech related podcasts I'd love to
subscribe to a podcast on Fedora too. We all understand the various
difficulties in managing and delivering a regularly scheduled podcast.

For those interested in promoting Fedora through podcasts I'd like to
make sure people are aware of a podcast that began maybe a couple of
months ago, Hacker Public Radio (http://hackerpublicradio.org/).
Episodes are generally daily however contributions can and are made by
a lot of people. So there aren't fixed hosts and such. One nice idea
is to thread the podcasts on HPR so if there were a Fedora thread
(In-Depth Series) a listener can pinpoint the Fedora related episodes.

So if any capable Fedora supporter would like to interview someone
about new features coming in Sulfur and release an episode that would
be possible. If the SA or EMEA groups would like to do a podcast on
some Fedora issue of particular interest to them they could and all
the contributed Fedora content could be tied together. There is a lot
of flexibility offered by HPR.

Might be something to consider for folks who could contribute a
podcast on an irregular basis to help promote Fedora.

John