naming discussion for Fedora community grid project (previously aka Fedora at Home)

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 17:27:31 UTC 2008

> 2008/3/28 Scott Thistle <scott at tekkie.org>:
>         I like the Fedora Karma
>
> Out of all the names I would avoid using karma.  Doesn't bodhi already
> use the concept of 'karma' for update comments? I don't think we want
> to re-use the word when its being used inside our infrastructure
> already.

Oddly, I had first recommended we drop the whole karma-line because I
figure it's too tied up in religion *and* popular culture.  Then I
realized that was a bit stupid of me, if it is offensive someone on this
list will let us know.

Since the rewards for good karma usually are delivered in subsequent
lifetimes, my thinking is to pick a name that is reflective of this
current incarnation. :)

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41