joining Marketing

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:36:02 UTC 2008

2008/3/10 Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:

>  Any objections to adding a bullet to step 4?
>
>  " * You must introduce yourself to the mailing list before you can be
>  approved for the 'marketing' group."

Hmm, I guess that 'fedorabugs' (which I'm semi-in charge of) is used
for the same stuff (as well as bugzilla access), and all that we
require for a barrier to entry there is cla_done, manually checked by
the sponsor (read: me) before approving the membership.

It would be nice if various sub-groups of the project could agree on a
sane barrier for entry, for exactly the reasons that you mention that
I hadn't thought of before - namely voting.

Note that I'm not against the requirement to be "known" prior to being
sponsored/approved, but I think that the requirement probably needs to
extend to all groups if we're going to make it a requirement.

Now the big question - is FAS2 going to make all of this obsolete?

>  Naturally I'm asking because we have a few requests in the queue, and
>  while I recognize a few of the names as having joined discussions on
>  this list, it would be nice for the group admins to have a clear
>  criteria.

Yep.

>  Also, some of you are not in that group and you should be.  So join!
>  make Thomas, Patrick, and myself busy with sponsoring; or step-up to be
>  a group admin and help out with that part, too. :)

Done!