Need to do something about Freemedia India.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 05:21:51 UTC 2008

Hi all,

This is about current condition of Freemedia _India_.
Saying in a line... It is badly messed up.

Counting from Dec 2007 to March 2008 we have *17* fulfilled request
and ~380 pending requests.
That indicates only one thing, its going to shut down in near future.

So lets do something about it.

My suggestions are

1. Let's gather from contributors how many DVDs are available for the
month and accept that many requests only.
For that we can give contributors a week's time to declare and then
open the request form.
For a month if there is no contributor, there will be no requests.
However, thats not going to increase the quantity of media.
But this will ensure all requests are fulfilled.

2. Lets make posting of Blank Media compulsory for requesting Freemedia.
Thats going to cost INR 20-25 at max.
Well, that will create a negative impression no doubt, but the current
situation is not bright either.
For those who genuinely want to use Fedora but don't have that much
bandwidth, it may be helpful.

Any other suggestions?

--
Regards,