Boxed version of Fedora

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Mar 23 06:03:40 UTC 2008

Ian Weller escribió:
> How does Ubuntu do it?  I remember upgrading my sister's computer with
> one click, and it appeared to work perfectly -- until she decided to
> unplug the computer during the upgrade. >.<  I have no clue what the end
> result would've been, but it was probably the best upgrade interface
> ever.

I'm not sure how does Ubuntu do it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find
out by dissecting it and going through the sources. At any rate it has
been brought up before and the general consensus is that upgraded
systems do suffer performance degradation in one way or another, mainly
due to settings sticking from previous versions and the like. Still
there should be a way to upgrade without suffering that performance hit,
sadly I couldn't say how to do it. Every time it is mentioned, though,
is disregarded; or at least, that's what it looks like.