Fedora Project Brazil releases online magazine

Benjamin Lewis ben.lewis at benl.co.uk
Sat Mar 22 22:00:36 UTC 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008 09:25:59 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Davidson Rodrigues Paulo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are proud to announce the release of the first issue of Revista
> > Fedora Brasil (Fedora Brazil Magazine), an online magazine about
> > Fedora made by Brazilian Ambassadors and Linux community members for
> > those who speak Portuguese.
> >
> > Starting our release cicle, we've choosen "Fedora 8" as the cover
> > story and central theme of the magazine, including articles about
> > system-config-firewall and IcedTea. We also included an interview with
> > FAmSCo member Rodrigo Padula, a column by Igor Soares and some Fedora
> > news selected by Rodrigo Menezes and his team.
> >
> > Official release announce:
> >
> >   * http://projetofedora.org/node/424
> >
> > Download it now (PDF, 5.1 MB):
> >
> >   *
> > http://www.projetofedora.org/revista/arquivos/RevistaFedoraBrasil001.pdf
> >
> > We hope we have been done a good job, but we know we can do even
> > better. To make this possible, we are working to turn easy for our
> > readers to send comments, sugestions and, of course, content to be
> > published.
> >
> > Any feedback will be very welcome.
>
> I would recommend you use the creative commons attribute share alike
> license instead of the non-commercial license since what is considered
> commercial activity is not a very well defined boundary.

Can I also point you in the direction of this essay [1], which very succinctly
explains the reasons why "non-commercial" license are bad for freedom.

[1] http://freedomdefined.org/Licenses/NC

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador
ben.lewis at benl.co.uk

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118