Co-branding?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 01:20:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

I was talking recently to a couple of friends who aren't in the software
industry and it came out in our recent discussions that both the
companies they are working for is using Fedora on their systems. They
remarked that they had no idea that Red Hat was involved in Fedora.

I still meet people in various places who think Red Hat has stopped
working on a free distribution after Red Hat Linux 9 and continue to use
it or worse a earlier version.

I just looked within Fedora to see if there was any hint and couldn't
really find any prominent ones. The note on http://fedoraproject.org is
also easily missed. Is this a deliberate decision? Should there be some
of co-branding within the distribution and a prominent hint in other places?

Something like Fedora - Powered by Red Hat/ Sponsored by Red Hat or some
such.