Co-branding?

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 10:08:06 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 26. März 2008 09:55:34 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> JoergSimon wrote:
> > Hi Rahul,
> >
> > just in private and in peace!
> > Why starting this as a public discussion, this is strange?
>
> I don't see what is wrong with a public discussion.

OK as you wish, marketing list is the wrong place - and a lot of Ambassadors
did not read the marketing list

Am Mittwoch, 26. März 2008 09:21:29 schrieb JoergSimon(altered):
> Why starting this as a public discussion, this is strange? Why not with the
> Ambassadors? They have to deal with that.
> We in europe and Contributors all over the world worked hard to have the
> Fedora Brand unique, i know that some
> people in the project are trying to get more contributions from companies -
> like "contribute inhouse builds to EPEL you have it for RHEL with a lot of
> benefits". For Fedora this is good - i bed if there are companies wich
> build software for RHEL then they know the Fedora Project!
> A Double Brand for RedHat maybe it is good for a short term marketing
> boost. But RedHat have to pay for this double Brand - not much direct with
> money, like "oh you are sponsored by RedHat then you must pay for your
> booth" .... Me for my self, i work for the Fedoraproject with all what i
> can do and i love the work of RedHat and the RedHat People and i hold some
> RedHat Certificates - but i am not a wannabe RedHat Contributor - if the
> Project  will go in the OpenSuse direction i am sure the Fedora Project will
> get maybe more users - but lose Contributors.
>
> Cheers

And yes, RedHat does major work and give much money - but Fedora would not
exist in the way as it is, because of the work and the commitment of all the
free contributors and i know and i feel, i dont want it marked as a RedHat
SubProject. This is wrong!

cheers

--
Jörg Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688