Co-branding?

Donnell Nichols donnell.nichols at nsirt-tacticalgroup1.us
Wed Mar 26 10:10:43 UTC 2008

I am relatively new to the project but would like to submit this as a comment on co branding.

Overall co-branding is powerful when a project is on the market and consumers are scared to test it out.  Co-branding gives the consumer a sense of stability by creating a secure foundation around the product.  Basically a new user of Fedora may not be knowledable of the software and name, but since Red Hat is pretty well known co-branding gives that level of belief that the product has a great support base and foundation.

However, dont we want Fedora to stand on its own merit and the belief that the very foundation of this product is the large community of people like us who make this product work.  Co-branding in this case may take away in some aspects from the message we are trying to put out.

Donnell