Co-branding?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 10:18:33 UTC 2008

JoergSimon wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 26. März 2008 09:55:34 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
>> JoergSimon wrote:
>>> Hi Rahul,
>>>
>>> just in private and in peace!
>>> Why starting this as a public discussion, this is strange?
>> I don't see what is wrong with a public discussion.
>
> OK as you wish, marketing list is the wrong place - and a lot of Ambassadors
> did not read the marketing list

Branding is more concerned with marketing. Besides if ambassadors are
not subscribed to the marketing list, they are not following the
recommend procedure at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Join

Since a RFE to merge the lists was turned down after a majority vote
supporting it last time, we can now deal with the fall out. We don't
want to cross post either. Refer

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2007-March/msg00007.html

> And yes, RedHat does major work and give much money - but Fedora would not
> exist in the way as it is, because of the work and the commitment of all the
> free contributors and i know and i feel, i dont want it marked as a RedHat
> SubProject. This is wrong!

Absolutely. Marketing as a sub project would definitely be wrong but
co-branding means an alliance including sponsorships. Sounds a good fit
to me. Refer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-branding