Aaron Yates

Aaron Yates invert01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:46:25 UTC 2008

Hello to all,

I'd like to join the Fedora marketing team, and believe I have to submit a
self introduction, of which I have included bellow.

Aaron Yates

London, United Kingdom (BST, GMT+1)

I am currently on my University placement in London with Siren World Wide
Ltd, a professional services company working in On Demand, Digital Marketing
and Telephony. My degree programme is BSc Digital Art and Technology at the
University of Plymouth, Devon, UK.

As part of the Fedora project I'd ideally like to contribute to expanding
Fedora's user base via different mediums and channels, whilst improving my
knowledge of the OS and the community surrounding and expanding Fedora.

I have previous experience in Web development and design across the typical
platforms and mobile devices. Relevant experience pertaining to this
community is 4 years part time work during my schooling for an Events
company, based in the Midlands, UK, for a wide range of charities, corporate
events and weddings. By the end of my time with this company I was regularly
managing groups of up to 30 staff, as part of a much larger team, to achieve
a successful event for both the client and the teams of staff involved. In
my current position on placement, I am a part of the creative team, but
liaise closely with the accounts department to visit clients to aide in
presentations and pitches.

Thank you for your time,

Best regards,

Aaron Yates