Associating the Red Hat and Fedora brands?

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 21:26:33 UTC 2008

So I'm going to ask this question to you, the friendly Fedora marketing
team.

But first, a history lesson:

http://lwn.net/Articles/83360/

This is pretty much the most accurate depiction of how the great brand
gulf between Fedora and Red Hat started.  And in many people's minds, that
gulf has grown to such an extent that many don't have any way of
associating Red Hat with Fedora *at all*.

So let me ask you:

If, in splash screens for Fedora, we put a tasteful "sponsored by Red Hat"
with the Shadowman logo somewhere small... how would you all feel about
that?

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg