Associating the Red Hat and Fedora brands?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:52:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

>  http://lwn.net/Articles/83360/

That's ancient history at this point.  History we'd of course rather
not have to look back on, but we do.  As of now, I think that Fedora
is the most transparent commercially backed distribution out there.

>  This is pretty much the most accurate depiction of how the great brand
>  gulf between Fedora and Red Hat started.  And in many people's minds, that
>  gulf has grown to such an extent that many don't have any way of
>  associating Red Hat with Fedora *at all*.

Yep, sad but true.

>  So let me ask you:
>
>  If, in splash screens for Fedora, we put a tasteful "sponsored by Red Hat"
>  with the Shadowman logo somewhere small... how would you all feel about
>  that?

Go for it!  Maybe we can attempt to repair some of the past "damage"
to the brand.  I help in correcting lots of people's perceptions that
things are still how they were in the past.

Now the question is: Is rh_legal OK with this? :)