Virtual FUDcon Proposal

Nayyar Ahmad nayyares at gmail.com
Fri May 16 06:05:05 UTC 2008

2008/5/16 Markus McLaughlin <hudsonman35 at gmail.com>:

> *Hello to everyone who cares about Fedora!!!*
>
> I come to you with a proposal about how a "Virtual FUDcon" could be set up
> on a web site...
> When a REAL Convention is happening in a city, a virtual extension takes
> place as well.
> On my Linux Blog (http://linuxglobe.wordpress.com,) there is a example of
> what I will
> describe is shown, made in GIMP.   A web site is set up with a live video
> feed, archived
> video links, a ticker for alerts, and IRC-style chat rooms called
> "booths."  Please consider
> using this "Virtual Convention" concept for FUDcon 2009 or any other
> Convention/Event!!!

 Hi Markus,

The idea of having Virtual FUDcon is nice, but we should keep in mind that
Middle East & Afircan fedora users might not be able to attend this, because
of low internet bandwidth & high cost...i am afraid to say most part of
these contenent might not be able to watch this real time vide steaming...in
my opinion it would be better if we upload FUDcon recorded video, inclduing
question n answers session, so if someone wants to check out later the event
from his/her home, they can use these archived video...while fedora users
mailing list is quite effective they can get answer easily anytime...

Thanks

> *Sincerely,
> Mark McLaughlin*

Nayyar Ahmad