New Content for fedoraproject.org

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Thu May 1 05:45:40 UTC 2008

> Juan Camilo Prada wrote:
>

> >> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00076.html
> >
> > I remember that discussion (i think i started it back then)
>
> Right and there was similar discussions before where nothing happened
> after that too.
>
> > One thing we settled in the websites meeting is the difference between
> > small changes and long term overhauls. For fedora 9 release there is
> > nothing to be done in this effort apart from what it is usually done
> > when a new release comes (new screenshots, new links here and there and
> > promoting the new release)
>
> I don't see why we can't make simple obvious improvements before we
> reach the "vision" point and even then, I can see it happening
> incrementally instead of dropping off existing content or design.  A
> small list would be:
>
>   * Fix the download page.
>   * Look at previous proposals in this list and elsewhere and start off
> from there

Thats exactly what i try to avoid with this. Having just small changes
is good for a small periods of time, but requirements to satisfy the
users of a website change and in order to keep those users we have to
change the way the website behaves and  sooner or later that must be
done (the sooner the less users we lose)

Just try to visualize the project in two or three years having the same
website, no effort being made to get new content and new attractive
things for the users. Wouldn't that makes you think the project is
dying?...