whimsical release announcement process

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri May 2 13:57:29 UTC 2008

JonRob has kindly agreed to write the whimsical release announcement for
en_*.  I am working on updating the overall process for how that is
handled in all languages.  The key is, they derive from these talking
points:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/SingleSourceSummary#Release_Talking_Points

The process is being updated here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/ReleaseAnnouncements

The common practice in the past is to let the whimsical announcement
author run their ideas (and drafts) past whomever they chose, rather
than write it entirely in the open.  This preserves the surprise and
some of the fun of this announcement.

Jon -- do that part as you prefer.  I'll try to find a way to reflect
that in the process. :)

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41