Release Overview + Feature Screencasts

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 10 14:25:03 UTC 2008

2008/5/7 Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 02:32:07PM +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>> Oh, and you can find it here:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/SingleSourceSummary#head-0a80f02dfb335eee253034e1ed30332b240414db
>
> In "NetworkManager Improvements" - It might be nice to highlight
> Fedora developer and NetworkManager developer Dan Williams in this
> section, as you have done for other Fedora/upstream developers in the
> GNOME section.
>
> In "Anaconda Installer Improvements":
>
> I don't think you need "iamanext4developer" to try ext4 anymore.  I
> believe it has changed to an "ext4" option instead.
>
> boot.iso in the end didn't get nuked--too many things depended on the
> filename "boot.iso".  So actually, what was going to be netinst.iso is
> now named boot.iso.
>
> In "Upstart Init Daemon" - customization to inittab EXCEPT initdefault
> need to be ported over.  In the end, it was decided to have F9 use
> /etc/inittab for just the initdefault line.

OK, I've made these changes and I'm about to upload the pictures too
so, can people take another look and let me know if they're happy with
the Release Overview? It's briefer than we made it last time (mostly
due to impending exams!) but I think it covers the essentials.

Also, what's happening with the feature screencasts? Shall we link to
these from the release overview - I think these two pieces of content
are exactly the kind of things we want to be putting together. I tried
Istanbul today and the package in Koji works great.

Best wishes,

Jon