Desktop now uses Fedora 9

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 16 15:46:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

http://www.g-loaded.eu/2008/05/16/desktop-now-uses-fedora-9/

"What I would consider as the highlight of this release is PackageKit, a
program that is used by GNOME in order to stand between the user and the
various package managers, so users don’t have to worry about what
happens behind the scenes. Personally, I believe that approaching free
software’s “chaotic” development model in such a way is good for both
the end-users and the active contributors, as it makes their effort more
focused and coordinated. PackageKit also includes a command line interface."