Bleeding-edge Fedora

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 19 14:40:56 UTC 2008

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

.  I think that
> comprehensive testing, right now, is the biggest weakness we have.  Some
> of the bugs we shipped with are pretty ugly.

Absolutely. We make a pretty big effort on testing what we ship however
and that should still be recognized.

> Some of these bugs could have been found with simple test suites -- but
> we haven't managed to get that work done.  It's a real problem.

Releasing parts of a automated testing framework without any tests to go
along with that wasn't a very useful decision. We can't build a testing
community with just that. I am still talking to folks to fix that.