Bleeding-edge Fedora

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Mon May 19 16:17:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> Look, we're getting *really* favorable coverage for F9.  I expect that
> coverage will continue.  I think this is a case of taking criticism
> graciously, admitting our imperfections, and working to do better next time.

I agree whole-heartedly with this statement.  The majority of the
press surrounding F9 has been positive - which is great for Fedora.
We continue to push new things out the door and make the functionality
of many areas better while adhering to open standards.

But just as we graciously accept the positive comments, we also need
to accept the comments regarding imperfections of a release.  They at
least warrant further analysis and consideration of such comments.
These are the areas we might be able to improve - whether it be
improvement in the testing process, determining what packages we
release with and more.

As we look at some the areas where comments were less than favorable,
we might determine we are happy with our reasons for releasing what we
did or the process behind the decision making.  In other cases we
might see that yes, we should work on that area a little more and try
to focus some attention there.

It is how we continue to improve.

~Jeffrey