Mission: Video blogging Fedora screencasts for use in Miro

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue May 27 05:31:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Jonathan Roberts
<jonrob at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> For a couple of smallish videos, try
> http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/screencasts/

I wonder, how would our aggregator handle the xml file you just created?

Okay so its doable to write the xml by hand on a per submission basis
for a little bit while we only have a few clips.  It's going still a
pain in the ass to write the xml by hand long term. I guess we will
want a simple form based submission page that constructs the xml
entry. Assuming people can host their own videos for now in their
people space.

Here's what I'd like to see. I'd like to see a screencasting jam
session at FUDCon with the aim of creating a handful of casts meant to
populate a first cut at a miro channel.  Maybe even do some low
quality webcam videos using cheese...sort of like candid interviews.
Place the theora vids into the fedora people space, and drop a
formatted email into this mailing list so someone, me perhaps, can
scrape them to produce an xml feed.  And of course I'm not going to be
there.

-jef