Self-Introduction: Rafael Liu Santos

rafael liu rafaelliu at gmail.com
Wed May 28 01:50:37 UTC 2008

Hey all, my name is Rafael Liu Santos and I'm from Brasília, the Brazil
capital. I'm a college student in Universidade de Brasília, third year (2
more to graduate!).

I've started using linux with Gentoo, since then I've tried Debian and
Slackware before sticking with Fedora. I feel it's a great project and I'd
like to contribute, at first evangelizing which doesn't need much expertise,
but maybe later with something like some RPM package support. I'm a Java
enthusiastic too, and I've been longing to engage in some open source
initiative, which I really believe is a great idea.

Honestly my professional back ground is in Java, linux is something I love
to do any spare time I have. Said that I don't have any certifications or
this sorta things.. (I'm planning doing LPI next month, tho). Still I think
I have some contribution to make, as my college have lots of students and
our labs have linux and geeks there use linux at home and there are teachers
supporting it. I think it's a great environment to spread Fedora.

Recently I saw some Ubuntu DVDs being distributed and Sun ambassadors have
being talking about Open Solaris. Then I thought about all of that I've
written you and asked my self why not to engage Fedora and spice things up
there.