Self-Introduction: Rafael Liu Santos

G balajig81 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:54:22 UTC 2008

Hi rafael

> Hey all, my name is Rafael Liu Santos and I'm from Brasília, the Brazil
> capital. I'm a college student in Universidade de Brasília, third year (2
> more to graduate!).

Welcome Aboard ! Great to have you here as part of this project.

> Honestly my professional back ground is in Java, linux is something I love
> to do any spare time I have. Said that I don't have any certifications or
> this sorta things.. (I'm planning doing LPI next month, tho). Still I think
> I have some contribution to make, as my college have lots of students and
> our labs have linux and geeks there use linux at home and there are teachers
> supporting it. I think it's a great environment to spread Fedora.

You dont actually need certifications. Passion to learn and be part of
this project and of course some amount of time for this project is all
that is required :)

> Recently I saw some Ubuntu DVDs being distributed and Sun ambassadors have
> being talking about Open Solaris. Then I thought about all of that I've
> written you and asked my self why not to engage Fedora and spice things up
> there.

Fedora also has a Free Media Programme which is getting more and more
focus so you could be part of that too and spread it :)

Welcome once again !

Cheers,
Balaji