I want a virtual Fedora coffee table book and you are going to help me get it.

Saadaldine AlSaidi omen at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 31 14:14:52 UTC 2008

Thats a great Idea,
We should establish a users experience book with a picture of him/her
holding a fedora logo
1st to publish on-line and then to do some supporting products, such as
posters, hard copy books, even some coffee tables and so.....
I guess this must be considered in upcoming meetings.
I guess fedora could use some of the money and we could also use it in
charity as mentioned, but as always when we charity we talk publicity.

thanks for such great idea
Peace

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, does anyone remember a book called "Love" where this photographer
> > found this cheap little plastic heart with the word Love on it and
> > decided to get a candid picture of as many 'interesting' people
> > holding that little chunk of plastic as they could.  The photographer
> > then compiled the pictures into a little coffee table book full of
> > these pictures and little stories concerning the meeting. A book I
> > repeatedly bought as a standard gift back when i was dating and V-day
> > rolled around.  But I digress....
> >
> > I would really love, absolutely love, to see us compile a book like
> > that..filled with pictures of our contributors holding up a certain
> > trinket common plastic trinket which symbolized what our project
> > stands for.  Fill the book with pictures and short little testimonials
> > concerning that person and Fedora.
> >
> > We'd have to decide on a trinket that people could easily get their hands
> on.
> >
> > If we make it a physical traditional publication, we sell it and give
> > the profits to a charity. Or we can make it an at-cost on-demand
> > publication.  We could even hand them out as recognition awards.
>
> Fudcon bracelets.  We have probably a million of them.
>
> -Yaakov

Saadaldine AlSaidi

IT Manager
AlShora International