Fedora Logo History

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 04:45:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Duvelle Jones <duvelle.jones at gmail.com> wrote:
> You know, I am not too sure about the reasoning to that decision. But
> that is something that should be up for discussion, there may or may not
> be legal repercussion for the use of a non-open typeface. (and I am no
> legal expert, so I am not sure to what those repercussion might be.)

Red Hat has paid for the use of the font in the logo, and can
distribute copies of the logo royalty-free. The only reason that
someone might need a copy of the font is to modify the logo, and per
the trademark guidelines, that should never occur, therefore there is
no legal ramification to distributing the logo as is.