[Ambassadors] Re: store SIG?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 17:44:43 UTC 2008

Sandro red Mathys wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Max Spevack wrote:
>> IMHO, the Store SIG was a more interesting idea before we got to the
>> point where NA and EMEA ambassadors are both regionally self-sufficient
>> in producing all the things they need.
>>

> I think that's true for ambassadors producing the polos and swag they need
> for events.
>
> But we'd still need a store for people who want to buy some merchandise
> over the internet. The online store can also offer more different products
> (with different printings) than we can at an event (because we're
> restricted in money to stock those things and in space to offer them at
> the events).

Seconded.

Putting on my contributer hat (which I don't have, because there is no
store), I don't want a store for ambassadors to get shirts, I'd like a
store so /I/ can get shirts.

(Heck, I've even bought a OpenBSD shirt because they had a store and a
nice logo.   Open source shirts are a good thing.)

Where do I do that for Fedora today?

Our options are limited to going to events -- and not everyone can go to
events.   Lots more people use Fedora and cheap-advertising on people's
backs (especially things we don't have to pay for) is a way to spread
the message.

--Michael