[FW: Some questions for an editorial piece on Neowin.net]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 03:47:51 UTC 2008

Hello Marketing team,

We received the following inquiry, and I thought this was a good
opportunity to practice some of the "open marketing" concepts.  Are
there any folks on the list who would like to formulate answers to the
questions here?

To frame the answers I would suggest some of the following key points:

* We don't "compete" with other Linux distributions; we advance free
  software in cooperation with upstream in a way that benefits
  everyone

* Windows 7 is (presumably) aimed at an extremely large audience, much
  of which falls outside our target audience of free software
  enthusiasts, developers, and remixers.  Nevertheless, the stability
  and features in Fedora are loved by millions.

* Features are found on the wiki Feature List.

* We have lots of desktop features for ease of use that do not get in
  users' way and help people get things done quickly, securely, and
  with respect for users' freedom.

OK, with that I open the floor! :-)

Paul

----- Forwarded message from Matthew Hopson <redacted> -----