Self-Introduction: Guido Sanchidrian

Victor Fernandez vfernandezg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 08:37:08 UTC 2008

Hi Guido, I think so too... like you.

I actually work as Service Leader of Security (Identity Management and Web
Security) Managed Services in SIA Group especializated on ITIL v2/3 good
practices for several customers.

I am trying to build a Fedora Hispano Community as the same success like we
built OpenSolaris Hispano community. The only one problem is he less help of
RedHat here in spain compared with oters like Sun Microsystems, for example.

Nice to meet you... and other.

Regards.

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Guido Sanchidrian <
guido.sanchidrian at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> my name is Guido Sanchidrian, I am originally German, but currently I
> live in Madrid, Spain.
>
> I am working at Symantec in my current role as Principal Product
> Marketing Manager for the EMEA region. In my role, I am responsible for
> "Go-To-Market" activities and planning for Symantec's enterprise
> security, IT risk management, IT policy compliance and security
> management product line in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
>
> Since my early days working in the IT industry - I started 23 years ago
> - my major interest was and is around IT Security issues, threat
> landscape evolutions and appropriate countermeasures, strategies,
> standards and best practices.
>
> I started from a technical background, worked in Technical Presales
> positions and Product Management and since a couple of years in Product
> Marketing. So to speak, I have always my sales-head, technical-head and
> marketing-head on to balance and judge the next steps and ideas.
>
> Due to my current role in IT Compliance and Security Management (I am
> also Lead Auditor for ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Information Security Management
> Systems), I strongly believe that Open Source can contribute a huge
> value to meet standards and frameworks such as ISO 27001, COBIT, PCI or
> ITIL. I see RedHat Enterprise and Fedora in particular as an accurate
> platforms to align the business to IT, host appropriate IT control
> assessments and workflow.
>
> I think that Fedora has strong potential to contribute security on
> intellectual property, personal identity and data protection for
> individuals as well as for enterprises, public / education sector and
> non-profit organisations.
>
> I think, that Fedora (and all other free Linux distributions) is
> currently not perceived as a strong contributor to these kinds of
> security matters. In times of unsure economic climate and many reports
> about data loss issues, some very well targeted marketing mix activities
> could surely raise the perception of Fedora as a solid, professional and
> trusted platform for security management and IT compliance issues.
>
> Therefore I would like to start a discussion about these topics in
> particular, and I would be very glad to contribute my product marketing
> experiences for a "go-to-market" strategy and activity planning to
> position Fedora as a strong solution platform for IT Governance, Risk
> and Compliance Management.
>
> Saludos,
>
> -Guido

Victor M. Fernandez