"Fedora Remix" etymology

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 12:36:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Replying to myself.
>
> Can we use these previous items as a jumping off point to talk about
> the updated trademark policy?
>
> First Max's message about LiveCDs in the F7 time frame.
> http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/31/remixing-fedora-7/
> Lot's of references to "remixing" tools in there.
> Is the functionality that Max is talking about right there
> specifically outline the reasoning to update the trademark policy?

I missed this thread yesterday due to being on a plane, but that RHM
article is exactly what I was going to point to for the purposes of
establishing a date of the "remix" phrase being used.

And yes, I do remember when Jack left me a voice mail that said "dude,
Fedora 7 needs to be all about the remix".  :)

--Max