Connection Sharing in NetworkManager

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:00:57 UTC 2008

2008/10/21 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> You don't include any details about what problems you had, so it's hard
> to know how to respond.  Perhaps you could do the following?

I hoped for a manual that I can read. I make ay with network manager,
without one, but I feel better having something what does each option
and not guessing by trial and error.

> (1)  Make sure the problem can be duplicated

I am using a live CD, I haven't installed anything into my computer yet.
I first tryed with my desktop setting up sharing. I was unsure if it
was meant for wifi/eth and eth/eth requiered one more step.
Then I tried on my laptop, there I had a clear step to create a new
network. It tried to connect but remained unconnected... I guessed
that maybe it was not obvious, I used another wifi to explore and see
if it was ready, but nothing.

My laptop is Toshiba A65 with a wifi Atheros card. I was able to
connect to the wifi network from my office with it using the livecd,
as I wanted to be sure that it was working properly before asking.

> (2)* (preferred)  File a bug in Bugzilla that states the problem

I am unsure to file a bug, because I do not know what I am doing. If I
need to install it to my computer and does not work as livecd. Or if I
need to install dhcpd service before going for network sharing.

> (3)  Email the fedora-desktop-list to bring attention to the issue

I will give it another try... and write more details.

> We certainly want this to work as advertised, in the same way that I
> witnessed right in front of me when I shot that film myself! ;-)

Thanks for your fast reply.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217