Getting out the vote for the Fedora 10 election season

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:19:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:18 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So one thing that I think would help new contributors get their
> bearings, and not just with respect to elections, is something like an
> organization chart that explains the structure of the Fedora project
> generally. What are all these committees? What purpose do they serve?
> What problems do the solve? Knowing that much will suggest a reason to
> care to many people I think.

I could put a simple chart together. But I'm pretty sure that how I
see things working will not be considered the gospel truth by all the
groups involved.  In fact, would a chart I wrote be any better than a
chart you wrote? No matter who writes it, individual groups will come
back and may need to rewrite their portion of it.  Why don't you take
a crack at it, just drafting a chart that relates the groups in this
election to each other.  I'll make sure each of the groups takes a
look at it and puts in feedback.
Just make sure the chart graphics uses some purple.

-jef