Re: "Fedora Remix" etymology

Paul, et. al,

I would like to confirm Paul's comments regarding the etymology remix. I am the person who first came up with it and used it, and if I remember correctly that was in a taping session for some Red Hat promotional material (maybe red hat magazine) in the FUDCon at the the run up to F7. Actually, I had been using it for some time before that but that was the first time we officially all kind of agreed that we liked it and adopted it.

I remember it because I came up with the phraseology because I was working a lot with creative commons at the time.

Max Spevack can confirm.

Jack

Paul W. Frields wrote:
I've seen one or two comments popping up on some news sites in
response to the "Fedora Remix" proposal that indicate people
mistakenly believe this term originated with Canonical and/or Ubuntu.

That is not the case.  During the run-up to release of Fedora 7, back
in the spring and summer of 2007, we were already talking about the
remix concept being a part of Fedora.  In fact, those tools were a
major release feature.

I wanted to put this information out in B&W for the Marketing team so
you can discuss how we can best put the idea forward.  I would rather
this be more of a pro-active move than having to find misinformation
and step on it.