"Fedora Remix" etymology

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 18:45:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Jack Aboutboul <jaa at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I remember it because I came up with the phraseology because I
>> was working a lot with creative commons at the time.
>>
>> Max Spevack can confirm.
>
> Okay Spin Doctor, how do we actually communicate that fact without it
> sounding reactionary?  Didn't Mo' put together some banner art work
> for F7 that used the terminology?

We don't communicate it at all.  We just take the term and swing it
around like a 9-iron, and dare someone to take it away from us.  And when
they do try, we have an aggressive communications plan that says "Fedora:
Remixing since 2006.  Booyah."

Oh, and also, we put "Fedora Remix" in the boot sequence of every OLPC
system on earth.  Scoreboard.

--g