Re: "Fedora Remix" etymology

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Jack Aboutboul <jaa redhat com> wrote:
I remember it because I came up with the phraseology because I
was working a lot with creative commons at the time.

Max Spevack can confirm.

Okay Spin Doctor, how do we actually communicate that fact without it
sounding reactionary?  Didn't Mo' put together some banner art work
for F7 that used the terminology?

We don't communicate it at all. We just take the term and swing it around like a 9-iron, and dare someone to take it away from us. And when they do try, we have an aggressive communications plan that says "Fedora: Remixing since 2006. Booyah."

Oh, and also, we put "Fedora Remix" in the boot sequence of every OLPC system on earth. Scoreboard.

--g