Re: "Fedora Remix" etymology

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

Replying to myself.

Can we use these previous items as a jumping off point to talk about
the updated trademark policy?

First Max's message about LiveCDs in the F7 time frame.
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/31/remixing-fedora-7/
Lot's of references to "remixing" tools in there.
Is the functionality that Max is talking about right there
specifically outline the reasoning to update the trademark policy?

I missed this thread yesterday due to being on a plane, but that RHM article is exactly what I was going to point to for the purposes of establishing a date of the "remix" phrase being used.

And yes, I do remember when Jack left me a voice mail that said "dude, Fedora 7 needs to be all about the remix". :)

--Max