FWN: Facebook page

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Sun Oct 5 15:59:43 UTC 2008

One further suggestion on aggregating Fedora Facebook pages:

One successful approach I have seen used is to create a central resource
page that points to the endorsed related and subpages/groups.  We could
provide links to the pages the official project endorses to give them
more authority, and work with owners of those groups to provide
backlinks back to the central page.

The Fedora Linux groups on Facebook that I can find are:

Fedora Core Rocks!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?members&gid=2205138518
1030 members
Admin/owner: Steve Hurley (Salem State)

Fedora Core Users
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?members&gid=2216011142
446 members
Admin/owner: Omar Saleem
<http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=505520612> (Herndon High)
/ Camilo Mesias <http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=656174051>
(Leicester)

Fedora Bangaldesh
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?members&gid=15219484140
95 members
Admin/owner: Mahay Alam Khan
<http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=680514318> (BdOSN) /
Imtiaz Rahi <http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=596281806>
(Bangladesh)
links to fedorabd at yahoo.com

Fedora - Linux
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?members&gid=11454680248
291 members
Admins/owners include Paul Frields & Larry Cafiero
*This should likely be the official page*

Fedora-fr (France)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?members&gid=20097201496
55 users
Admins/owners: Guillaume Kulakowski
<http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=574091357> (France) /
Johan Cwiklinski
<http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=753358560> (France)
links to http://www.fedora-fr.org/

Fedora 8 Warewolf ES
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?members&gid=5916177534
36 users
Admins/owners: Alejandro Moncada (Universidad Nacional de Colombia) / Z.
Alejandro Rincon Linares
<http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=590701965> (Colombia)

Fedora & linux
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?members&gid=10370701652
36 members
Admins/owners: Oshan Channaka Rubesinghe
<http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=1099665384> (Trinity College)

Fedora Weekly News
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Weekly-News/33564906746
3 members
Admin/owner: Pascal Calarco (Notre Dame)

So this isn't a huge job to aggregate some of these.  The regional
groups (France and Bangadesh) are nice to encourage, IMO.  Some of the
smaller groups could be encouraged to disband if they aren't active, if
we wanted to be a bit more hands-on with this.  We could actively post
on the other groups, encouraging folks to join the official page as well.

  - pascal