FWN: Facebook page

Benjamin Lewis ben.lewis at benl.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 17:46:00 UTC 2008

Pascal Calarco wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 09:47:26AM -0400, Pascal Calarco wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I would try to raise the visibility of FWN a bit by
>>> creating a  Facebook page for FWN, as a 'communications product' type
>>> of Fan page.   Not high impact, but another vector that advances the
>>> publication, the  project, and the brand.
>>> Suggestions and revisions most welcome!
>>>
>>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Weekly-News/33564906746
>>>

>> The splintering of pages on Facebook continues to be an issue with a
>> lot of FB users.  Have you considered getting added to the existing
>> Fedora groups somehow, and submitting stories to those pages instead?
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=11454680248&ref=ts
>> http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2205138518&ref=ts
>>
>> I don't know that much about Facebook groups and how they operate, so
>> maybe there's a way to "subscribe" your group to the others, in which
>> case it wouldn't matter whether it's separate or not.  Good luck!
>>
> Agreed.  Search for 'Fedora' in Facebook and you get many pages with a
> wide variety of utility and authority.  Perhaps a few of us in the
> marketing list could work on what Paul suggests here?  Anyone up for
> this?  There is also a semi-official Fedora Ambassadors page on FB that
> would be good if it could be made official.
>
>  - pascal

The Ambassadors Group was set up by me and does need some TLC tbh. Maybe
we could have a "Social Networking" SIG or something similar to
co-ordinate this and other forms - e.g. Twitter-like services?

--

Benjamin Lewis
ben.lewis at benl.co.uk

NOTE - PGP Key Signing Temporarily Broken - NOTE

Ambassador, Fedora Project - http://fedoraproject.org

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118