Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 10 13:13:58 UTC 2008

> Hello Guys!
>
> Read this bad news:
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1474805050;fp;16;fpid;1
>
> This is happening frequently. I think we will have to revise some things
> within the project, particularly the creation of a Legacy project or a
> Fedora LTS.

There is a Fedora LTS. It's called RHEL or CentOS.

> The brazilian government, one of the biggest Fedora Case of the world is
> changing from Fedora/ Red Hat to Ubuntu/Debian.
>
> We need to think and create a solution to give support by a long time or
> the fedora user will decrease!

Or maybe Fedora is not a suitable system for production use. Think about
it: updating all your servers (and in the case of Wikipedia there must be
hundreds) each year ?

Do you know what system the Fedora Infrastructure is using ? At least for
Fedora People, that's CentOS, not Fedora (and the contrary would be really
surprising).

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador