Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org
Fri Oct 10 15:52:11 UTC 2008

Jonathan Roberts escreveu:
>> I know what is Fedora and I understand the GOAL of the project, i'm here
>> since 2005.
>
> Try to think about this in terms of free software, not distro v distro.
>
> For me, I use and contribute to Fedora because I care about freedom,
> want to help drive freedom forward and believe Fedora is the best
> place for me to achieve these goals at the moment. I couldn't careless
> if people use Cent OS, RHEL, Fedora, Debian, Gentoo etc etc (some
> questions Re: Ubuntu's stance on freedom), they're all going to be
> using free software, much of which was developed on Fedora by Fedora
> developers.
>
> This has been my focus of marketing Fedora, the cool innovative work
> that our developers do, to a) get them credit, and b) to encourage
> others to come and join in as contributors.
>

>> Thinking in this way, we are working to improve other distros.
>
> Which is fine, if freedom is what you really care about.
>
>> Who contribute with a project, want to see you contributions being used
>> in companies, schools, governments...
>
> And Fedora contributions are used in schools, governments etc, just in
> other distributions, and that's something you should be proud of IMHO.
>
> Jon

Yes, but we can BE BETTER, only adding more 1 year of updates to the
packages!! With this improvement on the project the number of
users/collaborators will increase!!

It's good for fedora, for red hat, for US... for the FOSS world!

Fedora is a good distro and can be much better!

This is the way!

--

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ