Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org
Fri Oct 10 15:34:37 UTC 2008

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) escreveu:
>>> Or maybe you didn't really understand the goal of the Fedora Project.
>>>
>>> Once again, Fedora is not about conquering the desktop / server market.
>>> It's about developping / building / creating / innovating /
>>> revolutionning
>>> the future of the desktop / server FOSS products.
>>>

>> And why it cannot be changed???? What prevents us from arguing about
>> changes???? Is there a immutable law that Fedora stays that way? I
>> thougt the whole thing was about freedom (including the freedom of
>> change...)
>
> Well, When managing a project, you have to have a specific goal. If it's
> too broad, you'll never manage to attain it as you have limited man power.
>
> I'm sure it can be changed, but how many people are willing to do it ? Why
> didn't you join the Fedora Legacy project before it died ? That actually
> was the LTS you're expecting.
>
> Now if you want it, just recreate it. No one will ever blame you for doing
> it and everyone might encourage you in doing so. But unless you have a lot
> of people contributing, you'll never succeed.
>
> And as most of the Fedora contributors are technophiles wanting to have
> always bleeding edge technologies improving at a very fast rate (which is
> exactly the goal of the Fedora Project), I doubt you'll find a lot of
> people wanting to help (but I might be speaking too much for others here
> :)
>
> Anyway, good luck in reopening the Fedora Legacy project, that would be a
> really good initiative (even if I will personally never use it).
>
> Regards,

Reopen the Legacy project would be great!

But, we need to use the same infra and repositories of Fedora Project.

If the Legacy project will be a official project i can work HARD to
recruit people to work in LATAM.

So, that's is the question. Can we maintain Fedora releases by more 1
year officially, using the official mirrors and repos  ?

The fedora Board has a position about this ?

--

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ