fedora updates and lts

Jonas Karlsson jonas.karlsson at fxdev.com
Wed Oct 22 07:26:49 UTC 2008

Mani A wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:
>
>> We already have such a thing.  Its called "rawhide" and it gets
>> released every day.  BTW, isn't your proposal the exact *opposite* of
>> what this thread is talking about?  LTS = long term support.  You'd be
>> insane to try to provide long term support for a new release every 14
>> days...
>>

> He is probably talking about 'Marketing it that way' :)
>
> Best
>
> A. Mani

Well, actually i'm way out of the box. First forget about releases!!
Releases are still in the box way of thinking, and the current
development model. What I was saying about LTS was: qoute: (It would
almost be as an neverending stable version of rawhide). Let me
clarify...  In this development model you have only rawhide -> testing
-> stable and this is a continuous flow of packages. Never broken by
releases. Sometimes updates will change the way things behave and thus
require an "mini freeze" this is a point in time where you need all the
current updates to be able to get the next updates. Sequential updating
that increments the system almost like a release but never breaks the
dependencies like a release does.

Regards
Jonas.