statistics about marketing list users?

Jonas Karlsson jonas.karlsson at fxdev.com
Wed Oct 22 08:30:14 UTC 2008

Interested to know if there is any statistics about hwo you all are here
on the marketing list. If the majority are developers or if there is a
mix including people that do not write code.

historically speaking developers are good at creating new development
models, cool features, new and innovative stuff and be the cowboys on
the frontline. One thing that developers has been better and better at
over the years is human interaction, this is still an area that it is
good to have outsiders for (the grandma example) To not only drive the
technical frontline but also the usability.

This is still the Linux world so I'd guess the majority are developers
and the developers are the rulers, judges and executioners. They are the
ones to write and merge the code, to decide which idéas go where. So my
question about statistics is about that, to know if there are many
people not writing code that actually have any influence about what goes
where.

anyone more than me interested in this statistics?

//Jonas