Fedora on Greek media

Christos Bacharakis cmpahar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 11:08:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>wrote:

> A short email to talk a bit about 3 recent Fedora events in Greece: A
> conference, a radio broadcast and an appearance on TV!
>
> Athens Digital Week took place 10 days ago. Max Spevack gave a keynote
> speech and I presented the Fedora community in a panel about Online
> communities. 800 flyers, 250 CDs, 1500 stickers, 10.000
> mini-newspapers with a short article on our talks. Full recap in Greek
> and machine translation to English at:
>
>  * http://dimitris.glezos.com/weblog/2008/10/25/athens-digital-week-recap/
> .
>  *
> http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdimitris.glezos.com%2Fweblog%2F2008%2F10%2F25%2Fathens-digital-week-recap%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=el&tl=en
>
> On Thursday I was invited on "Skai 100,3", a popular radio station
> broadcasting in Athens. We discussed for some minutes about Fedora,
> Live media, and the Greek Fedora team providing support to users who
> might need it. Overall a nice discussion, which caused a small surge
> of email in my inbox about questions on how to install Fedora.
>
> Blog post and audiotape link (in Greek, discussion at minutes 10:50-18:00).
>
>  * http://www.skai.gr/master_avod.php?id=97828&cid=1491&bc=1491&lsc=2
>
> Finally, yesterday we filmed next Monday's "Digital Greece" TV show,
> which is broadcasted on the National TV channel "ET-1" on 6pm. I was
> wearing the awesome Fedora ambassadors polo shirt and talked about
> Fedora, OLPC, and the Fedora Localization Project.
>
> The show will be broadcasted on Monday 27/10, 6pm on the "ET-1" TV
> station. I'll post a link to the video on a blog post when it's
> available.
>
> And that's it from the Greek Fedora embassy. =)
>

> --
> Dimitris Glezos
> Jabber ID: glezos at jabber.org, GPG: 0xA5A04C3B
> http://dimitris.glezos.com/
>
> "He who gives up functionality for ease of use
> loses both and deserves neither." (Anonymous)

Great work Dimitris!

Good news for Fedora from Serres city too. We recently organized a full day
install fest at our local University creating over 35 Fedora 9 Live USB
Sticks.
More details: http://cmpahar.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/installfest2/

And don't forget to mention the upcoming Fedora 10 Release Party at
Thessaloniki.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReleaseParty/F10/Thessaloniki

--
Christos Bacharakis