distributor spin

Jason Benedict jbenedictlow at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 11:07:56 UTC 2008

Arnav Kalra wrote:
> this is not going against FOSS it is spreading FOSS to all and if the
> creator wants to have something closed source in his OS he has full
> freedom. I only want this not to have a patented spin but to customize
> fedora according to one's needs.
Isn't Fedora already doing it? There's also Fedora Spin,
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/ . If you are talking about like eeeDora
type? or you are talking about a spin like centOS off Redhat type? .....
May be you describe a little more of what is in your mind of this
distributor spin or you talking about tools to create distributor spin
whereby allow  any creator  have the freedom to place custom proprietor
software of his choice?

My opinion is, any created spin based on fedora core that consisted
closed source or propietor software should not e Fedora Distribution
anymore.

--
Best Regards,
Jason