Opening Red Hat Magazine

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 16:54:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 16:53 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Could Red Hat Magazine's infrastructure handle the posting of the
> articles, but maybe redhatmagazine.com by default wouldn't show
> fedora
> tagged articles, and a news.fpo site could simply be a template that
> takes the redhatmagazine.com/feed.rss?tag=fedora (or whatever,
> something
> like that) RSS feed from RHM's infrastructure and posts it to
> news.fpo?

We migrated to use WP-MU running from wordpress.com; if you look at Dev
Fu (http://developer.redhatmagazine.com), there is a Wordpress bar
across the top if you are a logged in user.

I'll have to talk with Bret to see exactly what are limitations are in
sharing content between blog instances.  Sharing users is the easy part;
we can add people with wordpress.com accounts as writers, editors, etc.
I don't believe redhatmagazine.com itself has migrated over, just Dev
Fu.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener