Opening Red Hat Magazine

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 17:23:59 UTC 2008

> (a) RHM editors have to do heavy cultivating of original content ...
> (b)Submissions come in organicly for editorial review ...

It is more like:

(c) After building up some reputation and the occasional ability to pay
people, article ideas are submitted.  The more you have published, the
likelier your idea will get attention.  People who are @redhat.com who
get published are more likely self-starters who think of doing it
themselves.  There is room to work with product managers and others to
craft "write article for Magazine" in people's goals/part of their job.
I would expect that part to be arranged by @redhat.com people, and I
don't hear any of them trying to run away from doing that here.  In
fact, if we can free up more of their time by making a steady content
pipeline through a joint venture, they are more likely to be able to do
that.

Although I'm not speaking for the RHM editors, I was on that team for
the first part of this year as a sub-editor for Dev Fu and am familiar
with the issues at hand.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener