Omega 10 Desktop Linux

Luca Foppiano luca at foppiano.org
Tue Sep 30 08:15:18 UTC 2008

> "The Red Hat community engineer behind the Fedora Games and Fedora
> Xfce
> media spins, Rahul Sundaram, had announced the release of Omega 10
> Beta
> this past weekend. Omega is a desktop/mobile Linux distribution that
> is
> based upon Fedora but includes packages from the Livna RPM
> repository.
> The Omega 10 Beta release is roughly equivalent to the Fedora 10 Beta
> be released tomorrow, but integrates multimedia support not found in
> Fedora along with delivering other added functionality."

just few questions:
* Are you sure is necessary to have another distribution...quite equal
to another?
* does it legal and possible to declare that "is a fedora based"?I heard
something about this (I remember something about "sombrero" [1]).

Luca

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/299889/
--
Today is Pungenday, the 54th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174

Go to a movie tonight.  Darkness becomes you.