Omega 10 Desktop Linux

Luca Foppiano luca at foppiano.org
Tue Sep 30 09:27:50 UTC 2008

> Fedora already has different spins - xfce, kde, games, developer live cd
> and others. I maintain a couple of them even. This is essentially
> similar but rebranded since it used packages outside of the official
> Fedora repository.

Spins belong to Fedora, maintains the same policy and the same rules.
AFAIK Omega ship proprietary codec and non-free packages. is this true?
If yes, I don't think official fedora spins ship that packages.

> I never used the term "Fedora based" in my announcements.

Is this phrase not the same?
"Omega is a desktop/mobile Linux distribution that is
based upon Fedora but includes packages from the Livna RPM repository."

I'm trying to understand if and what are the advantages to have another
distribution.

Luca
--
Today is Pungenday, the 54th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174

You will have many recoverable tape errors.