Marketing Suggestion for F11 Launch

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:35:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 12:13:54PM +0300, John Babich wrote:
> To All:
>
> I listen regularly to Leo Laporte's This Week in Tech (TWiT) at http://twit.tv.
>
> I recently started listening to a companion show, FLOSS Weekly, at
> http://twit.tv/FLOSS. The show is a well-produced podcast and has a
> large listening audience.
>
> The hosts, Leo and Randal Schwartz, are actively seeking principal
> members of FLOSS projects. They emphasize that it should be a leader
> within the Fedora team.  Guests are usually interviewed via Skype.
>
> The contact email is merlyn at stonehenge.com.
>
> This sounds like an excellent opportunity for Paul Frields or another
> leader within the Fedora Project to publicize the upcoming release of
> Fedora 11. There appear to be openings on the show aound F11's release
> date.

Thanks John, I've made a note of this and I'm going to get in contact
with them.  I've listened to this podcast a few times and it is very
well done!  I do wish they *used* FLOSS for their broadcast instead of
Skype, but I suppose I'll install Skype if that's what it takes.
("We've established what you are, madam, now we're merely haggling
over price.")